IAB Non-member: £625 +VAT
Advertiser: £535 +VAT
Social media and participation are now appearing in more and more marketing plans, often without real measurable purpose or direction. It is now vital for marketers to harness the power of social, but not be lured by the empty media reach potential of the channel - "we need 1,000,000 fans by Christmas!" is reportedly the most common social media objective, which if managed wrongly can cause more problems than positive value.
This one day course, suitable for marketing or brand managers, planners or account handlers, will help delegates to understand the opportunities social media offers and also offer some simple tools to start managing a social media community effectively.
Who is it for?
Those who need a deeper understanding of the fundamentals of social media and also an introduction into how to manage online communities to best practice standards.
Understand the core components of social media in terms of participation and engagement. Also have simple tools to gather insight and gain direction and also begin to manage successful online communities.
What will you learn?
- The key social media channels and their impact
- The characteristics of a successful social media strategy
- How to understand the social profile of a brand
- The principles and practices for successful community development
- How to build relationships with the influencers
- How to develop content that drives engagement in the community
- Managing facebook pages, twitter and forums
- Social media monitoring – who’s saying what about the brand, and what does it mean?
- Crisis management – what happens when consumers turn on the brand?
Please note we regularly update our courses with new and exciting content, so this list is more of a guide to topics rather than a detailed agenda.
What others have said:
The Social Media Certificate course is a great overview of what is going on in social media. It is a perfect training day for those who would like to get started with social media and really understand the capabilities of each platform. I found the training really useful. Beatriz Deniz, International Account Manager, Goviral.